Give a little love this holiday season by joining us for #GivingTuesday on December 2nd! New York’s 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation founded this international event in 2012 as a way for everyone to have the opportunity to support a non-profit organization and give back.
We need your support to continue what we do at Loggerhead Marinelife Center (LMC). Check out our list of reasons why you should join us on #GivingTuesday:
- Every dollar you give helps preserve the world ocean and its inhabitants. When you give to Loggerhead Marinelife Center, your donation will help us continue offering our many conservation, research and educational programs. Your contribution also allows us to keep our center at free-admission status, creating an enjoyable experience and allowing more opportunity for us to monitor our 9.5 miles of beach during sea turtle nesting season.
- You’ll help provide constant veterinary care for our sea turtle patients. Because many of our medical procedures require equipment and medicine, your gift will help us care for our rescued sea turtles before they are released into the ocean. With generous gifts like yours, our hospital staff can give the best possible care to the turtles.
- Any financial gift to Loggerhead Marinelife Center is tax-deductible. If you donate on #GivingTuesday, you’ll be finished just in time before you complete taxes in January. LMC is a 501(c)3 non-profit education and ocean conservation facility, and the more you give, the more you receive.
- You can tell loved ones through social media. If you use #GivingTuesday with a photo or status about Loggerhead Marinelife Center, you can show your friends and family the organization you care about through social media. By doing this, you’ll get the word out about #GivingTuesday, LMC and the importance of saving sea turtles.
- You’ll be joining in a global cause. Not only will you be giving to Loggerhead Marinelife Center – you’ll be one of the many others who care and get involved by giving financially on this international day of generosity. #GivingTuesday is a worldwide event that unites all of the participant organizations in a single cause of generosity during the holidays. Who doesn’t love that?
Remember, no matter how much you give, you will be making a difference for our oceans and marine life. Thank you for your generosity and continued support!
Written by Hannah Deadman